1. Manuscripts should be in 『HWP』 format, and the quantity should be within 140 sheets of manuscript papers
(around 20 sheets of A4 paper). The maximum quantity should not exceed 180 sheets of manuscript papers
(25 sheets of A4 paper).
2. Contents of Theses include the cover, Korean abstract, body, footnotes, references, tables and figures, and English abstract.
In order to maintain the anonymity, the author’s name should be written only on the cover, not in the body.
3. It is principle to write the thesis in Korean, but in case where the meaning may be confused, the relevant Chinese
characters or foreign language may be written in parenthesis only for the first time.
4. Korean and English abstracts should not exceed a half of one sheet of A4 paper (15 lines including keywords).
5. A list of 3~5 ‘keywords’ must be provided directly below the Korean and English abstracts.
6. It is principle to put in footnotes if necessary.
7. Environment setting when editing is as follows.
(1) Thesis title must be written in Shin Myeongjo (신명조), bold, 15 point, and paragraphs are in center arrangement
(2) Letters in the body must be written in Shin Myeongjo (신명조) 10.5 point,
width=100%, Space between letters = 10%, and line spacing is 180%.
(3) Size of letters in the abstract, titles of tables and figures, references and footnotes shall be 10 point,
and line spacing is 160%.
(4) Subtitles of thesis shall be written as follows.
Level 1 – I, II, III, … (12 point, Shin Myeongjo, Indent two characters)
Level 2 – 1, 2, 3, … (11 point, Shin Myeongjo, Indent two characters)
Level 3 – 1), 2), 3), … (11 point, Shin Myeongjo, Indent two characters)
Level 4 – Ga(가), Na(나), Da(다), … (10 point, Shin Myeongjo, Indent two characters)
1. Tables, Figures, and Statistics
(1) Tables take the form of <Table 1>, and figures [Figure 1]. The title of tables should be left-justified on the top, and the
title of figures must be center-arranged at the bottom. Sources shall be written directly below the table or figure as
(2) All statistics must be typed in italics.
(Ex) t-test, M, SD
(1) If the citation is short, put it in the body using citation mark “ “. If the citation has more than 3 lines,
it shall be put separately from the body.
(2) In case where the citation is put separately, one line directly above and below the citation should be left blank.
Letter size should be 9.5 point, and left margin 20mm.
(3) The author’s name, year of publication, and the relevant pages of the citation should be listed.
(Ex) (Hong, Gil-dong, 1998, 109) Or (Hong, Gil-dong et al. 1999, 221)
(4) If a cited author published more than two books in the same year, list the citation using a, b, c, … according to the
publication years.In Korean, the citation should be in Korean alphabetical order, while it should be in alphabetical
order in English.
(Ex) (Kang, Nam-sik, 1999a, 20-32) (Kang, Nam-sik, 1999b, 89-91)
(5) When listing several references at the same time, they should be separated using semi-colons.
(Ex) (Kim, Yeo-seong, 2000, 234; Kaplan, 1992, 23-40)
(6) If the citation has several authors, two authors among them should be listed, and put a center dot between the two
authors. In case of 3~4 authors, their names should be listed when first cited, and then, only the first author’s name
may be listed. In Korean, the authors’ names are written as ‘OOO 외’, and in English, they are written as ‘ 외’ in the
body while as ‘et al’ in the parenthesis.
(1) Footnotes may be used when it is necessary to add explanations or introductions to the body.
(2) Footnote format is the same as that of the body.
(1) References are listed only when they were mentioned in the body or footnotes. If they were not mentioned previously,
they should not be included in the references.
(2) Period should be put between the author, book title, and publisher. Between the Publisher’s city and its name, put a
colon (:) and leave a space after the colon.
(3) Several references written by the same author shall be listed by year, and if there are more than two publications in the
same year, they shall be listed following the order in the body, adding a, b, c,…. after the year of publication.
(4) Theses, dissertations, and articles are written using quotation marks (“ “), and books are written using double brackets
(『』). Title of a book or journal and the number of pages should be separated using comma. In case of the theses
issued in a book or a journal, the number of pages (only numbers) is listed at the end.
(5) The first line of references shall be indented 2 spaces.
박용옥. 2001. 『한국 여성 근대화의 역사적 맥락』. 서울: 지식산업사.
Archer, J., & Lloyed, B. 1985. Sex and gender. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Carr, E. H. 1961. 『역사란 무엇인가』. 김택현 역. 2007. 서울: 까치.
김혜영•이은주•윤홍식. 2005. "여성빈곤의 구조적 요인과 빈곤의 여성화".『아시아여성연구』44(1), 5-51.
Thompson, L. 1991. "Family work: Women's sense of fairness." Journal of Family Issues , 12, 181-196.
Stets, J. E., & Pirog-Good, M. A. 1987. “Violence in dating relationship”. Social Psychology Quartely, 50, 530-548.
이성은. 2005. "섹슈얼리티와 성문화". 한국여성연구소.『새여성학강의』. 167-191. 서울: 동녘.
Bograd, M. 1990. "Feminist perspectives on wife abuse: An introduction" in Yllo, K. & Bograde, M. eds. Feminist
perspectives on wife abuse. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
홍양희. 2005. "조선총독부의 가족정책 연구" . 한양대학교 박사학위논문.
Walker, L.A. 1993. "The battered woman". New York Times (July 23), 7.
이지민. 2005. "싱글맘 절반이 빈곤층". 『여성신문』(11월 4일), 9.
(6) Internet materials are listed in the order of producer, year of production, subject, web address, (search date).
Ex) 여성개발원. 2000. "한국여성사".
http://www.kwdi.re.kr:7070/newsmg/listNewspaper01.jsp (Search Date: 2001.12.20).